The thesis consists of theoretical and practical (research) parts.
The student should carefully choose the material that will be used to write the thesis, given that it must be closely related to the research issue. When writing a thesis, you should refer to the most important publications on the selected topic to demonstrate knowledge of the theoretical part of a particular topic.
Thesis should contain an introduction, which should summarize the content of the thesis, which explains the chosen topic, as well as the result, which is a set of important conclusions.
The second part of the work is practical. It contains statistical, analytical information and is the basis for developing ways to solve problems and recommendations.
The general structure of theses is as follows:
- title page
- the content of the thesis
- list of abbreviations
- introduction, where the purpose and objectives of the diploma
- main text (sections and subsections)
- footnotes to the thesis
- tables, charts, illustrations and other applications
- conclusions and bibliography
Font size (14) and spacing (1.5) between lines are determined individually in the guidelines.
What should be the introduction?
Thesis should always have – introduction and conclusion – these are two very important parts. Therefore, it is necessary to approach their writing in scientific work carefully.
Introduction to the thesis, oddly enough, should be written at the end. This is because he should refer to all the issues raised in the text, using research methods, as well as the most useful in writing the work and sources of scientific literature. The beginning of the work is preceded by the study of a certain methodological basis.
The introduction to the thesis should be written taking into account several basic principles, namely:
- Briefly cover all the most important elements of the work
- The presented text should be in clear and concise language and scientific style
- The introduction to the chosen topic of the work should consist of several sentences focused on the characteristics of the issues raised. The introduction should indicate the purpose of the thesis, ie what the researcher wants to achieve by writing a thesis.
- The main purpose of the thesis can be determined taking into account the specific objectives of research. It is necessary to indicate what research methods were used to achieve this goal.
- Brief description of individual sections. The content of the sections should be described in turn, indicating the names of the units and identifying the most important issues raised in them.
- Literature review. A brief review of the literature used should be made, emphasizing which scholars have worked on this topic and why this particular topic was chosen for the thesis. You can also point out possible shortcomings in the literature on this topic, once again emphasizing the importance of their research and existing scientific advances.
- The total amount of entry to the thesis, as a rule, should be from 1 to 3 pages of standard typescript.
The theoretical part of the work
The first section of the work is theoretical. It is placed immediately after admission. In every field, knowledge of theory is important, because practice is what follows from theory, or is described by theory. In the first section of the work the student studies the available scientific papers on the topic of his / her thesis, as well as the main definitions and possible tools for research.
The practical part of the thesis
The practical part of the thesis may consist of one or two sections. It is usually written on the basis of information provided in statistical and analytical reports, professional documentation.
In most cases, the second section of the work is performed on the basis of information from a real enterprise. Therefore, if the student was in practice, it is appropriate to use the information of the company. The internship report can be part of the thesis. On the basis of the received information from such reports appendices, tables and, accordingly, the analysis of activity is made.
In the practical part it is appropriate to allocate the whole subitem for the analysis of structure of the enterprise.
The student’s thesis may contain a third section. This is stated in the guidelines. In it, as a rule, it is necessary to draw parallels between theory and practice, to analyze the positive and negative aspects, as well as to develop their own recommendations on the issues raised in the thesis. Experts say that it is their own developments and proposals that can help students not only confirm their own qualifications, but also well-paid work.
The research results presented in the thesis are subject to appropriate analysis. Research is conducted in many areas, such as sociology or pedagogy. More and more scientific disciplines cannot do without reliable research, and cognitive sciences are a good example for detailing and structuring information.
Proper development and analysis of research results is a difficult task that is extremely difficult for those students who work better on theory. In a situation where there are problems with the analysis of research results presented in scientific work, it is best to work with our professional paper writers who help in the development of scientific work, as well as individual elements, including parts for the analysis of the presented results.
What should be the conclusion in the thesis?
The conclusion of the thesis is the result that the student reached during the writing of the study. The conclusion emphasizes the most important issues raised in the thesis, the results of research and recommendations.
Like the introduction to the thesis, the conclusion should be written clearly, in a simple and clear way, and the sentence – in a short, transparent and impersonal form. The end of the thesis may consist of the following fragments:
- a brief summary of the content of the work with a list of the most important issues of the topic under discussion
- reminding the purpose of the work and the tasks that and how they were achieved
- answers to the research problems
Thesis conclusions usually take from 2 to 4 pages of standard typescript. But it is worth paying attention to the guidelines given by the teacher.
Thesis must contain appendices. This is illustrated and graphic material, which accompanies the whole process of writing a thesis. For example, a questionnaire, a table with specific indicators for a specific period (in terms of years), a graph of temperature changes, and so on. The appendices not only add integrity to the work, but also, in fact, confirm the reliability and reality of the information obtained on the research topic.
Summary (abstract) of the thesis
After completing the thesis it is necessary to make a short summary of the thesis. The main parts include:
- subject of study;
The total volume of the annotation is 1-2 pages.
Typical errors in the thesis
Mistakes are common to everyone who works. However, mistakes made in the thesis can cost the student a reputation and evaluation. Among the most common mistakes that are made when writing a thesis:
- use of spoken language
- low level of mastery of scientific style
- use of personal opinions that are not related to the topic of the thesis
- use of quotations in the text of the work without reference to the source and author