Are you preparing to appear for the SSC CGL examination? If yes, then you might know that it is said to be one of the most preferred exams handled by the Staff Selection Commission (SSC). The CGL exam is conducted to recruit candidates into various organizations, departments, and offices under the Government of India. It is a national-level exam and recruitment to Group B and Group C posts in government departments is done through SSC CGL. After one passes the SSC CGL exam, one gets to explore various job profiles with career security and lucrative salary. Through this article, let’s find out about the job profile of various posts one gets through SSC CGL along with the structure of the salary they offer. Therefore, make sure to read the article till the end to be able to understand the prospects after passing SSC CGL. Now without any further ado let’s start reading.
What Are The Job Profiles Of Various SSC CGL Posts?
- Auditor – Audit expenditure, keep details of the state departments.
- Inspector – Check for unlawful manufacture and transport of opium.
- Assistant – Various clerical duties in different units. Gathering files, and reports, maintaining track of ongoing cases, etc.
- Tax Assistant – Access, revise and verify taxes of individuals or businesses.
- Sub Inspector – Main responsibility is to gather information and make inquiries and investigations.
- Upper Division Clerks – Maintain files, financial documents, and accounts.
- Assistant Audit Officer – Needs to assist audits in government/public sector organizations. Also requires travel during an inspection.
- Junior Statistical Officer – Assisting the Statistical Officer in drafting documents, data entry, and tabulation
- Inspector of Income Tax – Evaluating income tax payable by people or companies. Handling TDS and refund claims.
- Inspector (Central Excise) – Checking if there is any kind of invasion of excise duty, controlling, smuggling & assisting raid teams.
- Assistant Accounts Officer – Work includes data entry, processing, and recording transactions. Assisting with audits or fact-checking.
- Assistant Section Officer – It is a desk job and the lowest post in the Central Secretariat Services
- Statistical Investigator Grade-II – Drafting documents, preparing survey reports, editing and compiling existing data
- Accountant/ Junior Accountant – Passing of various bills, salary allowances, office expenses, pension-related issues
- Assistant Enforcement Officer – Preventing forgery and money laundering.
- Senior Secretariat Assistant/ Upper Division Clerks – Clerical post. Requires employee to maintain files & data entry.
Take a look at the SSC CGL Answer key to learn the correct responses and score on the paper.
What Is The Salary Structure Of Different Posts Under CGL?
- If you join as Assistant Audit Officer or Assistant Accounts Officer then you will be paid according to Pay Level 8 which is from Rs 47,600 to 15,1100.
- On qualifying for the SSC CGL suppose you join posts like Assistant Section Officer, Assistant, Inspector of Income Tax, Inspector, (Central Excise), Inspector (Preventive Officer), Inspector (Examiner), Assistant Enforcement Officer, Sub Inspector, and Inspector Posts then you will be paid according to Pay Level-7 which is from Rs 44900 to 142400.
- The posts like Assistant/ Superintendent, Divisional Accountant, Sub Inspector(NIA), Junior Statistical Officer, and Statistical Investigator Grade-II are paid according to Pay Level-6 which is from Rs 35400 to 112400
- Posts like Auditor, Accountant, and Accountant/ Junior Accountant are paid according to Pay Level-5 which is from Rs 29200 to 92300.
- Senior Secretariat Assistant/ Upper Division Clerks, Tax Assistant Sub-Inspector (Central Bureau of Narcotics), and Upper Division Clerks are paid according to Pay Level-4 which is from Rs 25500 to 81100.
After reading about SSC CGL, also take a look at SSC CHSL and understand another kind of exam conducted by SSC.